Welcome Soilder Please Type in your ID and Passcode HOOAH
Welcome Soilder Please Type in your ID and Passcode HOOAH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Circle Nine Stopping by
Port Foreward your gear Empty29th March 2012, 10:08 am by [IX] Shot_78

» Platoon Members (w/ PSN IDs)
Port Foreward your gear Empty19th February 2012, 8:21 pm by Guest

» In Game Communication
Port Foreward your gear Empty30th January 2012, 11:18 am by Wolf285

» Grand Turismo 5
Port Foreward your gear Empty29th January 2012, 3:54 am by rossy_17_7

» Turtle Beach PX5 Headset
Port Foreward your gear Empty26th January 2012, 1:56 am by Rattle--N--Hum

» HAVE YOUR SAY - PLATOON DISCUSSION
Port Foreward your gear Empty26th January 2012, 1:22 am by Wolf285

» Port Foreward your gear
Port Foreward your gear Empty25th January 2012, 8:10 am by Rattle--N--Hum

» Starhawk Game
Port Foreward your gear Empty21st January 2012, 8:48 pm by tsuujin

» Won't be online to play
Port Foreward your gear Empty21st January 2012, 5:06 am by Gazkam

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Wolf285
Port Foreward your gear I_vote_lcapPort Foreward your gear I_voting_barPort Foreward your gear I_vote_rcap 
rossy_17_7
Port Foreward your gear I_vote_lcapPort Foreward your gear I_voting_barPort Foreward your gear I_vote_rcap 
tsuujin
SkyCake
xx4eyes
Gazkam
Engi19
RichTheBlack
Horhammer
xOoKM4NoOx
Affiliates

Port Foreward your gear

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rattle--N--Hum
DB4D Member
DB4D Member
Rattle--N--Hum

Port Foreward your gear Empty
PostSubject: Port Foreward your gear   Port Foreward your gear Empty25th January 2012, 8:10 am

This post assumes you know almost nothing about computers or internet and that the only reason you looked at this page is because you are astute enough to realise the possible benefit for your GAME.

If you would like some advice on the net hardware, I can do that. You can email.

Keyboard>Computer>LAN/WAN (wires and wireless)>Router>Modem> Internet
" "> Gateway (combo)>" "

I concur...do this first
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Port forewarding is a means by which you assign "toll free roads" in and out of your router from the user side of the router. This means that to the outside a port fwd router looks the same. Unless you're a douche and keep the default password for your wireless router and/or do not set up an IP/MAC filter, your security will be just fine under normal circumstances. (abnormal is black hat/government hack)

This is by no means necessary and truth be told there is some debate as to its effectiveness; few dispute it however. I agree with the majority that this process is beneficial, and the learning process is interesting in that you LEARN how to not have to call your ISP everytime you lose your IP adress. Port fwd requires that you login to your ROUTER. Dont be scurred its like riding a bike; you cant be a pussy. Once you stretch your legs a bit, curiosity will convince you one day to return and screw everything up, thus causing you to google a fix, in turn gaining enough experience to one day write a how-to on a forum.

You can ALWAYS google your default login/pass for your router. This is different from your encryption password. Router IP addresses 192.168.x.x with a 1 and or 0 for each x; never with both as "0". If you do not know this address, grab a connected computer and; go to start, white box, type run, click on black box , then type IPconfig and look for the 192xxxxxxx listed beside default gateway. Type this number into the address bar of IE or equivalent.
The white box appears and you begin to feel like a hacker now. YOU ARE NOT. Type your login and the password, again both are listed under google. Type in your model number listed on the white sticker on the bottom/back side of your ROUTER.

I concur 2nd comment is easiest
http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/how-to-setup-my-linksys-router-port-forwarding-to-my-ps3/td-p/170230

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=port+foreward+ps3
Remember if you have any issues just go to this link, when it is done, insert the model of your router into the box, and you should be able to figure it out. If not.......ugh....email me and i will try to walk you through that. If I cant help you...go to that website some more.
Back to top Go down

Port Foreward your gear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: DB4D :: Battle Talk-
Jump to: