Welcome Soilder Please Type in your ID and Passcode HOOAH
Welcome Soilder Please Type in your ID and Passcode HOOAH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Circle Nine Stopping by
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty29th March 2012, 10:08 am by [IX] Shot_78

» Platoon Members (w/ PSN IDs)
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty19th February 2012, 8:21 pm by Guest

» In Game Communication
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty30th January 2012, 11:18 am by Wolf285

» Grand Turismo 5
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty29th January 2012, 3:54 am by rossy_17_7

» Turtle Beach PX5 Headset
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty26th January 2012, 1:56 am by Rattle--N--Hum

» HAVE YOUR SAY - PLATOON DISCUSSION
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty26th January 2012, 1:22 am by Wolf285

» Port Foreward your gear
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty25th January 2012, 8:10 am by Rattle--N--Hum

» Starhawk Game
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty21st January 2012, 8:48 pm by tsuujin

» Won't be online to play
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty21st January 2012, 5:06 am by Gazkam

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Wolf285
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? I_vote_lcapAnyone else use the FPS Freeks? I_voting_barAnyone else use the FPS Freeks? I_vote_rcap 
rossy_17_7
Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? I_vote_lcapAnyone else use the FPS Freeks? I_voting_barAnyone else use the FPS Freeks? I_vote_rcap 
tsuujin
SkyCake
xx4eyes
Gazkam
Engi19
RichTheBlack
Horhammer
xOoKM4NoOx
Affiliates

Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?

Go down 
+2
tsuujin
Engi19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Engi19
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty13th January 2012, 6:44 am

I was unsure if they would actually do anything like they claim. But to be honest, my main thing was that I seemed to have more control. Never really thought they would help that much tbh.

you can tell when i got them here.

As seeing the stats there, Im glad i got them. Seems to actually help.
Back to top Go down
tsuujin
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty13th January 2012, 7:31 am

I've actually been thinking about getting them myself. My biggest problem is overcompensation, and a bit extra reach might help tone that down.
Back to top Go down
Engi19
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty13th January 2012, 8:25 am

I cant explain it myself. Their whole video on youtube about them is bull. They try to claim that you get a extra so much movement on the controlsticks. While fact of it is really the base is still the same and not moving more due to restrictions. Ill find the video right now for it, but im sure thats what i was saying.

heres the vid
Back to top Go down
tsuujin
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty13th January 2012, 9:54 am

The difference has to do with an increase in radius due to increasing the length of the analog stick.

Think of the analog stick as sphere. The point at which the stick rotates is the exact center of the sphere, and the topmost point of the stick is it's circumference. Lets say that you move the stick exactly 20 degrees forward (just as an example). The standard PS3 analog stick is about 10mm long.

The stick length is the radius of the circle (10mm). Knowing this we can calculate the physical distance traveled by the topmost edge with this formula: 2ΠR(C/360) Where Π=3.142, R=radius and C=Central Angle.

So... 2Π10(20/360) = 3.49mm traveled across the circumference.

The FPS Freaks are supposed to add 12mm to each analog stick.

So.. 2Π22(20/360) = 7.68mm traveled across the circumference.

That's a pretty big difference. You've had to move your fingers an extra 4.2 mm to gain the exact same range of motion. It's just a lot more forgiving.
Back to top Go down
xOoKM4NoOx
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty14th January 2012, 5:47 am

slightely advantageous BUT ERGONOMICALLY UNFORGIVING.
Back to top Go down
Gazkam
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member
Gazkam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty14th January 2012, 7:47 am

I used one at my cousins, not a fan really. I understand the concept, but it just isn't for me, I played 2 hours with him and still couldn't get used to it, I don't know why lol
Back to top Go down
Engi19
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty14th January 2012, 9:05 am

it felt weird at first, but it grew on me fast.
Back to top Go down
SkyCake
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
SkyCake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty14th January 2012, 9:32 am

Engi19 wrote:
it felt weird at first, but it grew on me fast.

That's what she said
Back to top Go down
rossy_17_7
Platoon Leader
Platoon Leader

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty14th January 2012, 4:03 pm

What the hell is a FPS Freeks?
Back to top Go down
tsuujin
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty14th January 2012, 7:52 pm

I bought a pair, supposed to be delivered today. I'll give my feedback once I've used them.
Back to top Go down
tsuujin
DB4D Very Active Member
DB4D Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty15th January 2012, 7:15 pm

Ok, played with mine for about an hour now. I can tell that it's going to take me a few hours (maybe even a couple of days) to really get used to them; but I already love them. The range of motion it adds is spectacular. I feel like now I can make minor adjustments while on a higher sensitivity without jut jerking around past my target.

That being said.. it's so fluid that my first couple of rounds was spent with the gun listing past my target while I'm shooting at them. I guess I got used to that dead zone on the analog and never really noticed that I'm putting pressure on the stick while shooting. It's much more pronounced now.

Honestly, I think they're really comfortable too. I have big hands and have always felt that the PS3 controller is too small. I have to cramp up my hands to play and it's never really been comfortable. The extension on the sticks actually stretches my hands out a bit and feels more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?   Anyone else use the FPS Freeks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else use the FPS Freeks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: DB4D :: Battle Talk-
Jump to: